Friday, May 8, 2009

Misadventures:

1. I noticed the water heater was not working the other night, so Jarom went to investigate. He then found a foot of water in the basement. This was not a huge deal, considering that our basement is more of a theme park for crawly things than anything else...in fact, I consider these annual basement floods as a good opportunity to wash the area clean of the sins and iniquities of that generation of insects.

However...

The pilot light went out on the water heater, so I had a SHOCKINGLY cold shower the next morning.

2. As I stepped out the door to call the boys in for dinner, I overheard Jarom saying,"Boys, don't pull the cactus..."

Always a good sign.

Apparently, the boys were in the process of weeding the "cactus bed" in preparation for their nightly sup. (The previous owners had an odd sense of landscape beauty.)

I tweazered out as many prickles as I could find last night, then found about 5 more this morning on Bennett's tummy...but that's not ALL I found:

3. While giving Bennett a good tickle, I noticed a dark scabby looking spot in his ear. Right there on the top fold--I wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't been laying down laughing. I brushed my fingers against it, and was HORRIFIED to see little pointy LEGS fluttering!!! A tick. So I tweazed the nasty creature off--much to Bennett's dismay.

4. And also I made some cookies last night. And they tasted good.

THE END

4 comments:

Aubrey Leong said...

Oh my! :) By the way...my email is robreyleon@yahoo.com

Law Family said...

Sounds like quite a day! Good thing you probably gots lots of hugs and kisses from those darling kids of yours!!

Vanessa said...

woo. good thing for the cookies!

LA Law said...

What a day!! Good luck tomorrow!