Thursday, July 23, 2009

Just Call Him Dr. Demolish

Aaaah, the sweet aroma of wet sheet rock. Since we're having new flooring put in next week, we decided to knock a few holes in our walls while we had a chance. Jarom ripped out the nasty shower we had down stairs. He redid the pipes to get it ready for the antique bathtub he snagged off craigslist. I know, I know, a doctor AND a plumber?! I have got it good! (And he's charming, to boot.)





Oh yea, and we had to bath the baby , too. Cute piggies, huh?



And here is the 1925 original floor we uncovered after we tore out an entry way closet. I feel like a criminal covering up this antique floor next week...but it's just not too kid friendly. Hopefully the next owners uncover it again.



Where the closet once was:






And now I should get busy and continue moving everything from the downstairs to the upstairs. We have lots of stuff.

2 comments:

Jenay said...

Hey sister you should answer your phone. I've called you about ten thousand times this week and last night I had a dream you were dead. Are you dead?

Jamie Lamb said...

jen, wouldn't you feel bad now if you found out i really WAS dead? well...as it happens, i'm not. so don't feel bad. but my phone is dead. and also i've been in california all week. I came home to FABULOUS new flooring, and a dead phone. and then i forgot to charge my cell, too. but i'll repent now and go call you. and if you fail to answer i promise not to have a dream that you are dead. :) :)