Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ivy Katherine Lamb


Today we brought home our new tiny girl! We are a little bit in love over here!


I decided to be induced this time, so on Friday morning off we went. This was a new experience for me, but turned out to be pretty much like a normal labor. It started at 8:00 am, and progressed rather painfully till around 11:30 am. The epidural was joyfully received, and then...in about one hour's time I went from a 5 to a 10!


This was entertaining at first, until I realized that my doctor was still in his car 10 minutes away. The nurse jokingly told me not to laugh, or she would have to deliver. When I told her that I actually did laugh out my last baby, she stopped smiling and instructed me (rather sternly, I might add) to not laugh, cough, sneeze or move. And so I did none of those things.

At around 1:00 pm, in came the doctor, and in 10 minutes we were holding our newest little sweetheart.


I feel incredibly blessed to have such smooth labors and deliveries. Thanks for all your prayers!

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! She's so adorable! :) I'm glad your labor went smoothly.

LA Law said...

Congratulations!!!

Cara said...

Oh so precious. I love your children's names!
Congrats!

Aubrey Leong said...

Oh I'm so happy that you blogged!! I'm soooooo happy for you guys. Wish so much that I could be there! Miss you and congratulations!!!

Martha said...

She's beautiful, Jamie! Congratulations. :) :) :)

MaryAnn said...

Oh, I love her!! She is beautiful, congratulations!

Amy K said...

Oh Jamie she is beautiful. Congratulations.

All about the Snow's said...

Congratulations!She is so beautiful! And I Love, Love, Love the name Ivy!

Brandis said...

Oh, Jamie, what a little dolly! Your kids have the coolest names. :) I'm glad everything went smoothly for you.

Anna said...

Congratulations!! She's so precious! I'm glad everyone is doing well!

Kris Edwards said...

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to the Lamb family!

Law Family said...

Beautiful! Congratulations Jamie and Jarom!!

Net said...

Congratulations Jamie. Ivy is beautiful. We are very happy for you. Take it easy for a bit and get lots of rest.

Pam said...

she is beautiful Jamie! love all that hair and that name...congrats to you and your family!!!

Shelley Reid said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love her name but I am kind of mad at you that you had two boys and then two girls. Not fair!!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful, sweet little girl! I love her name :)...Congratulations to you guys!!