Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas, 2011


Today we celebrate our tenth anniversary!  As I speak type, Jarom is busy preparing a fancy-shmancy dinner for us.  We usually like to visit the temple on our anniversary, but little Ivy has the sniffles.  So we did a lunch date instead--he surprised me with a trip to the art museum to see a Caravaggio display!  Sigh...so good to get a real art fix.  Degas, Monet, Sargent, Renoir...be still my heart, it was divine.  I just wanted to inhale it all and hold my breath...(but don't worry, I didn't.)  We decided in the future to trade off for anniversaries...one year art, the next music (which is his love...besides moi, of course.)

So are you wondering why on earth I have handfuls of black & white profiles up there?  I wanted to make a silhouette family portrait for an anniversary present, but I don't have the right software to do it properly.  So I had to get my craft on...think scissors, tape, and black card stock.  (I know, so primitive!)  It turned out okay, but I thought the photo cut outs looked so cute!  (I'll post a picture of the actual silhouette portrait next week maybe.)

And now, without further adieu...

The Lamb Family Newsletter of 2011:
Ivy - 8 months old, sweet, squirmy, and very vocal.  She may have the coloring of her mama, but she certainly has the performance bug from her dad.  She loves to hear and be heard!  She loves music, new faces, and munchy kisses.

Eden - 3 years old, happy, huggy, and just plain perky.  She spends her days taking care of her baby dolls, chasing her brothers all over the house (like a dinosaur), and basically being darling.  I love having her at home with me while the boys are at school.

Bennett - 6 years old, loves cars, legos, and runnin' around.  He's liking first grade, and works really hard on all his projects--he brings home the cutest drawings all the time, I feel like laminating everything!  We love our Benny--we like to call him our little PR man. (public relations)

Chandler - 8 years old, loves piano (he's getting so good!), reading, and basically anything factual.  He's a big third grader this year, and he's loving the Animorph series...which means we hear a lot about what it's like to morph into ferocious animals over dinner.

Jamie - This has been a good year for me--welcoming baby Ivy in April, designing a little fabric, and swapping recipes with my sister.  I'm glad Jarom's busy chief schedule has "encouraged" me to find a few hobbies, but it will be a relief when residency ends this spring!

Jarom - One of three Chief Resident Surgeons, let's just say he's busy!  He amazes me, what more can I say?  He's now officially in contract with St. Lukes Hospital of Twin Falls, Idaho.  Can you believe we only have 5 more months of residency?!  Jarom loves what he does, and he does it very well.

We hope you all have a beautiful Christmas, and a lovely New Years!

Love, The Lambs

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Yay! Twin Falls! That's wonderful!

Cara said...

I am so excited for you to be closer. Congrats on making it through residency (well, in 5 months anyway) with 4 kids. You are super woman.

Pam said...

Merry Christmas Lambs! Congrats on Twin too, that's a lot closer than Ohio!