Here is a window into our world the second half of winter:
Am I the only mom out there who dreams of dressing her children in rainbow order? I can't help it, so I'm just not going to fight it. Spencer should clearly be wearing orange, but I was just happy to get Ivy to keep her Christmas robe on! (She's well known for disrobing around these parts...)
Here is Spencer, just eating paper. Whatev.
Sometimes I take my children out to fun, public places just because I like to hear strangers say nice things to me.
"What a nice Mom you are!"
"Look at these lucky children!"
When I'm really fishing for compliments, I wear Spencer in the Baby Bjorn dressed in his teddy bear snow suit. (You can see his little mittened fist at the bottom of the picture.)
This isn't a really clear shot, but I had to document....
...the very first church meeting Spencer ever made it through!
At eight months of age, it finally happened! And it was even a 2 hr Stake Conference, with no Daddy to help out! It was a complete miracle (although the time change probably had something to do with it...)
This picture is bitter-sweet. This innocent-looking child just gave herself and her sister the most heinous haircuts ever last week. Eden's is not too bad, just some horrible choppy bangs that I can hide with a topsy tail. But Ivy was not so lucky. Sigh. I can't bring myself to photograph it just yet.
I blame myself, because I told her the night before that she needed a haircut. It'll grow, it'll grow...
These little gooey babies are what get me through the second half of winter! We make them way too often...
Sleeping Ivy...before the infamous haircut. (See what I meant about disrobing?)
Jarom is a good Dad. He plays endless board games with these kids.
This was when my little Spence grew his first tooth a few months ago. Now he's getting his top teeth! Which is making me kinda sad, because I miss the gummy smile sooo much! Those top teeth grow them up so fast!
Board games and pistachios...
A boy and his knife.
New snow boots...
Here is Benny begging to go back out to play, and not have his picture taken...
Mmmmkay, this picture actually has a story to go with it.
Once upon a time, there was a screaming lass. She was vexed, for her sister did sleep-talk. 'Twas unbearable.
There was also in this house a lady of much talent. She was a juggler, of sorts. But not of balls, or of eggs, or of tinkling bells. No, she preferred to juggle her offspring. A screaming two year old, a drowsy five year old, and a nursing baby.
Long story short, I accidentally dressed Ivy in some rank, peed-in pajamas at 4:00 am. I don't know why she wasn't dressed already, or why the nasty pajamas were in her hamper and not the washer, but it was BAD. But I was so desperate for sleep, I didn't dare change her until morning!
When morning finally came, I scrubbed her thoroughly, pulled her hair up in a bun, and took a shower. When I came back, this is how I found her:
Today was a beautiful pre-spring day. It was so warm, my kids dug out their shorts and sandals! It got me all sorts of excited for summer...which is probably bad, since it's only February. But what a lovely day. :)










2 comments:
It's been way way way too long since we got our kids together. They look so much bigger! And I am in LOVE with Spencer's hair. Want to touch.
Love all the picts...we need to get together with you all soon!
Post a Comment