Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy

Yesterday I stood stirring a large pot of warm, raw milk with a wooden spoon.  Weekly yogurt making.  Gratitude swept all through me as I thought of how far we've come since last April.  Bennett has his life back. 

All moms have the need to nurture their kids.  It just feels good to give baby a clean diaper, put a bandage on a cut, wash a tear stained face with a warm wash cloth. 

So many parents face health problems in their kids that they can't solve.  I feel so humbled and grateful that we were granted a solution for our Bennett.  None of it feels like a burden, just the opposite.  I welcome the extra work of yogurt making, broth simmering, bean soaking, and all the rest.  It's a gift straight from Heaven. 

I don't know why our story has had a happy ending when so many other people aren't given that.  I'm so deeply grateful.  And I feel so happy in the actual "doing" of it!  It's amazing to create the concoctions in my own kitchen, and see my little boy's health return because of it!  It's been such a gift to me, it's hard to describe.

happy, happy, happy

In other news, my doctor decided to do something evil today.  He moved my due date back a whole week!  I know!  I can't believe it either. It was not nice at all.  This baby already feels like he's 14 pounds, he's going to be a toddler by the time he's born!!  Sigh...I'll get there.  I always do.

While I wait super-patiently (ha!) for my due date to arrive, I've been putting together our family photo albums from the past 10 years.  TEN YEARS!  I've been a super-slacker in that area.  In fact, it's my super power...being a photo album super-slacker.  True story. 

Since I've been staring at photos for two weeks straight, I decided to start sharing them on my blog again.  I'm determined to stop being a super-slacker in the photo department!  So here are a few to enjoy:


This is the girls and me enjoying a "girl day"...they feel so grown up when we do this, I love it!

Did you know Spencer is a monkey?  A monkey-rascal-wiggle worm.  So we have to trap him sometimes...but then he eats his markers.  But that's better than splashing in the toilet, right?

Look how innocent he appears...

I like that I can still plop all three littles in the tub together...this stage won't last much longer!  Little cuties :)

Oh, vegetables.  Organic veggies.  This is a common scene in my kitchen...soup, chili, fermenting dairy products, bubbling jars of yeast every morning...good times!

Cute girls...out on another "girl day"!!  Love my little sweeties :)

That's a happy Benny right there.  And that makes a happy Mama.

Chandler solved his 5x5 rubic's cube, and there was much rejoicing. 

Overlooking our pretty canyon.  This Daddy has his hands full...the kids get tired of the Mommy, and then pile all over this guy when he's home.  The Mommy is fine with this.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I love all of this. Except the later due date, that stinks. But the rest I love. Happy that all is happy. :)

Brandis said...

I am so very happy to hear that things are turning around for Bennett. I think I may have an idea of how you have felt watching him struggle and it makes my heart happy to hear that YOU are happy, and that what you're doing for him is fulfilling to you as his mama. ♥

Aubrey Leong said...

Love the pictures! Love all those cute faces! Love the happy Benny and happy mama! Don't love the later due date!