Sunday, September 5, 2010

We're Gonna Miss This Place When We Go

(that's Jarom's title...mine is this: Really Gross Things That My Husband Finds Outside.)

Jarom's parents came for a quick visit last weekend, and since I am not one for roaming in the waist high, bug-infested pasture grass with him...he took them instead. Lucky me! I use my Scandinavian ancestry as an excuse--I don't have the built up immunities that my Latino husband has to protect me from wild creatures of the bush. I can't help that. Pretty good reasoning, huh? It keeps me away from these at least:



Look at the silly fruit flies sitting on him! Nasty!




Cicadas are really big...






I prefer taking pictures of the natives, rather than the wildlife. Isn't she sweet? This is Eden showing her swim suit, and her first real braids.





She's our Resident Princess.

7 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Are you leaving? I wouldn't want to go tromping around in the pasture either with those things waiting to ambush me.

Jamie Lamb said...

Not leaving quite yet, we still have a little under 2 years left. I'll miss the trees of the midwest, but not the crawlies. :)

LA Law said...

Those are pretty amazing shots. I don't think I could hold the camera still enough :) Although, I am glad I am looking at the pictures and not seeing them for real!

Aubrey Leong said...

Those spider pictures are disturbing! I liked the pictures of the native better!! She is a doll! Miss you guys!!

Aubrey Leong said...

Aubrey loves bugs as much as Jamie does. Keep up the Fabulous nature photos!!! I love them!!!
Love Mom

Liz said...

Jamie, your kids are adorable.

I just re-read your comment you made on one of my pages on my blog. I loved it and just wanted to say thanks.

Pam said...

I'm hoping the pics of Eden will curb the nightmares I will have from the pics of the crawlies.