Friday, February 25, 2011

28 Day Meal Plan!

(2010 version)

Le sigh...
Le sigh...
Le pant...

That Relief Society class about meal prep has finally come and gone! It was lots of fun, but it's good to be done. (One more SIGH...)

But...since I didn't have time to cover most of the stuff I prepared, here is the...28 Day Menu Plan of 2011! My goal was to incorporate these basics every single week:

Dry Wheat - Whole Rice - Dry Beans - Fresh Potatoes

That means fresh ground wheat flour, no minute rice, soaking beans overnight, and no potato flakes! Well, turns out that this approach is cheaper, tastier, and pretty darn easy...as long as you plan ahead. And planning ahead is fun--it's like pretreating my laundry! (Another secret love of mine...)

Here's the rough draft for 2011:


I think I'm pretty settled on this plan, so I'll cute-ify it soon. I learned from last year to plan meals with lots of fresh produce for Monday (shopping day), have easy, flexible stuff on Saturdays, and crock pot/frozen pie fillings for Sundays. I didn't write the veggies on any of the days because it gives me a little wiggle room.

Speaking of wiggles...
Eden is my little wiggly side-kick in the kitchen. The boys are also wiggly...however, I would never consider them "side-kicks in the kitchen". More like "loudness in the kitchen".

2 comments:

Brandis said...

I ♥ you and your 28 day meal plan. Someday when I get my house put together, I shall try to be like you. :)

J said...

thanks Brandis. :) good luck with the new house stuff!!!