Monday, August 1, 2011

Ivy and Her Hair

This little babe came into the world with some serious hair. She could have used a trim the week we brought her home, but I couldn't stand to snip all that newborn fuzz! So I just gave her her first haircut at age 3 months.

A sweet little pixie cut, nice and blended:


Here it is right before. It hung all the way to her little back!...which is actually a rather short distance, considering her height is still measured in inches...


SNIP, SNIP!


Aaaaah, so much better!


I'm still not liking the little pony up top...looks a little squirly to me. And also kind of like Yoda. Not exactly the look we're going for!

5 comments:

LA Law said...

WOW!! Our kids didn't need a "haircut" until about the 1 year mark. She's too bute!

Cara said...

Is her hemangioma heart shaped? That is cute. Kiara has a gigantic one covering her belly that always shocks people when they see it. I am amazed that you are so good at cutting babies' hair. I don't even attempt to until they look like orphans because I'm just not good at hitting a moving target.

Jamie Lamb said...

Cara -

She has 4 hemangiomas, but none of them are heart shaped...but that would be cute!

And you should have seen my first attempts at cutting baby hair 8 years ago! It looked so bad I almost cried!

Aubrey Leong said...

It does look heart shaped in the picture. I can't believe you already can give her a haircut!! My girls were all bald well into their first year. How fun for you!

Law Family said...

She does have a ton of hair! You did a great job, she must not be too wiggly! I agree the hemangioma does look heart shaped. Christa had one on her face when she was a baby, it just appeared one day and was about the size of a pencil eraser. I thought she got pinched or something. The dermatologist said we needed to surgically remove it because it would just keep growing and eventually cover her whole cheek. So we did...