Since this is a big, boring wall, I wanted the design to be:
• asymmetrical to add a little interest
• large scale design
• using only the cheap standard frames I found at Target
So here is the first draft I whipped up on Illustrator:
Unfortunately, my scale was a touch off...so when I tested it out with paper it looked like this:
Too big and wonky. And it took me half the afternoon to stick that there! I guess that's why I did it though, to make sure it works...
After adjusting my scale, and learning what I didn't like from my last design, I came up with a new one:
I think this one will work. It's balanced a little better than the last one, and not as long and wonky. And since it has fewer frames, will cost less to boot! I'm worried the 3 11x17 frames will try to be the focal point (I don't want them to be, they're almost the middle), so I'm going to have to make sure the big one has lots of contrast.
So. Now all I have to do is figure out what goes IN the frames. And if you know me...you know that's way more than half the battle! I have been known to hang empty frames on my wall "just to see" for months on end. I am DETERMINED not to do that to my poor family again!
And also, I vow never to paint my walls smurfy blue again. (or moldy green, I did that too.)
Or to rip out walls without replacing.
Good thing this is a rental...It's forcing me to behave!


2 comments:
I'll give you lots of pictures of me in different poses if you want, just to fill up the frames till you decide on something. Let me know how many you want.
You better take the self-portraits quick, because I hear you're scheduled to loose about 35 pounds next weekend...
Post a Comment